Terri and Jacqueline discuss why making investments in friendships should be one of our highest priorities, especially in midlife
· Terri and Jacqueline talk about how loneliness is harmful to your health and shared research around this along with how friendships improve your health
· Jacqueline talks about how it can feel so good to tap into the empathy in celebrating a friend’s success
· Terri will be digging into why women have trouble supporting other women and launching an October challenge to actively support other women daily
· Terri and Jacqueline talk about how expressing gratitude daily reprograms your brain
· Crew chat idea: conduct a friend audit and discuss ways to be grateful for certain friendships, where there are gaps and what are we bringing to our friendships
· Terri and Jacqueline talk about the importance of understanding our Love Languages and those of our friends to have better relationships (Note: it doesn’t look like there is a quiz for friendship, but I did the singles one and found out mine)
· Terri shared how her self-imposed exile in the winter 2018/2019 was not healthy for her
· Terri shares the concept of the Crew Chat outlined in the book and suggests this month’s assignment is:
o Assemble a flight crew (max 4-5 women)
o Schedule 2-3 hours together this month
o Do the love language assessment
o Discuss your friendships, what you are grateful for, gaps, what you are bringing to your friendships
o Post a pic on IG story and tag @pilotingyourlife #crewchat #flightcrew and/or share in the Piloting Your Life (the book) FB group
· Go get friendly!
Terri’s Key Takeaway
Investing time in friendships is time well spent.
References in the Podcast
· Piloting Your Life: https://www.pilotingyourlife.com/
· Lioness: http://bit.ly/PYL092019 Use the code: PILOT to save $25.
· Life Reimagined: http://www.barbarabradleyhagerty.com/life-reimagined
· Amy Gross: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amycgross/
· Maria Malavenda: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mmalavenda/
· Mandi Bateman: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mandibateman/
· Kiki Mwiti: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kikimwiti/
· Love Languages: https://www.5lovelanguages.com/quizzes/
· Piloting Your Life (the book) FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/277389409608299/
· Piloting Your Life IG: https://www.instagram.com/pilotingyourlife/
You can purchase Piloting Your Life (the book) on Amazon at http://bit.ly/PYL-Amazon, or you can go to https://www.pilotingyourlife.com/ to choose your preferred format and retailer and see other goodies.
You can follow Jacqueline on Twitter @TipsyCopilot.
Terri would love to hear from you via email at PilotingYourLife@gmail.com.
To continue the conversation, go to Twitter at @PilotingLife and use hashtag #PilotingYourLife.