Terri talks with Kerry Rupp of True Wealth Ventures about how True Wealth Ventures views women’s health, the opportunities and challenges in the space, and how innovators need to have a more customer-centric approach earlier in the innovation cycle.
Who is Kerry Rupp?
Kerry Rupp is General Partner at True Wealth Ventures, an early-stage VC fund investing in women-led businesses in consumer health and sustainability. She teaches for the NSF I-Corps program, mentors startups, and consults on innovation and strategy. Kerry was previously CEO at DreamIt, a Top Ten US startup accelerator and VC fund. She founded Holiday Golightly, a group travel service for women. Kerry holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Duke.
· Kerry shares why women’s health is interesting to her from an innovation and a funding perspective, her path into venture capital, and what True Wealth Ventures is all about
· Kerry talks about True Wealth Venture’s focus on the broad definition of women’s health and how little research and emphasis has been on women and women’s bodies and brains
· Kerry and Terri share the view that awareness, research and innovation in women’s health are critical right now
· Kerry shares what she is excited about in women’s health and both Terri and Kerry talk about the difficulty in choosing the ones to invest in
· Terri and Kerry talk about the gap between the startup innovation and the healthcare providers and how to bridge the gap
· Kerry shares how to connect with her and Sara at True Wealth Ventures if you have a startup within their investment thesis
Terri’s Key Takeaway
We need to be doing more to bring together the healthcare providers and healthcare innovators earlier in the process.
References in the Podcast
· DreamIt Ventures: https://www.dreamit.com
· True Wealth Ventures: https://truewealthvc.com/
· Sara Brand: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saratbrand/
· Lisa Health: https://www.lisahealth.com/
· Genneve: https://genneve.com/
· Mighty Menopause: https://www.mighty-menopause.com/
· Pandia: https://www.pandiahealth.com/
· Lemonaid Health: https://www.lemonaidhealth.com/
· Braincheck: https://braincheck.com/
· Katie McMillan: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katie-donohue-mcmillan-mph/
· Springboard: https://sb.co/
You can follow Terri on Twitter at @terrihansonmead or go to her website at www.terrihansonmead.com or on Medium: https://medium.com/@terrihansonmead.
Feel free to email Terri at PilotingYourLife@gmail.com.
To continue the conversation, go to Twitter at @PilotingLife and use hashtag #PilotingYourLife.