How angel investor, author Jason Calacanis succeeded despite feeling like "the cards were stacked against him". @Jason @Launch
Who is Jason Calcanis?
Jason Calacanis is a technology entrepreneur, angel investor, and the host of the popular weekly podcast, This Week in Startups. He is the founder of a series of conferences that bring entrepreneurs together with potential investors including Launch Festival and more recently, started an incubator for early stage startups. He is an avid poker player, is originally from Brooklyn, NY and currently lives in San Francisco with his wife and three young daughters. He has a new book called "Angel, How to Invest in Technology Startups" which is a great read for anyone interested in angel investing or understanding how angel investors operate. To say that he loves working with tech startups is an understatement.
- How did Jason get to where he is right now?
- Is Jason internally motivated or motivated to prove others wrong?
- Has Jason already been curious? How has that impacted his life?
- Is Jason creating an inclusive ecosystem and how has Fraeda Kapor influenced his approach to be intentionally inclusive?
- Why does Jason think we have a massive on-boarding problem?
- Does Jason like being an outsider and has he used it to build his brand? (Thanks, Monique Woodard for the question. http://www.moniquewoodard.com/)
- What would Jason do to wave a magic wand to make for a better world?
Terri’s Key Takeaway
Being “open” doesn’t mean that you will create a diverse environment; you must be intentional in order to expand the types of people in your life or at an event.
If you are interested in his book, Angel: How to Invest in Technology Startups, it can be purchased at www.angelthebook.com
You can follow Terri on Twitter at @terrihansonmead or go to her website at www.terrihansonmead.com or on Medium: https://medium.com/@terrihansonmead .
Feel free to email Terri at PilotingYourLife@gmail.com.
To continue the conversation, go to Twitter at @PilotingLife and use hashtag #PilotingYourLife.