Terri talks about when she fell in love with aviation and how she became a helicopter pilot. In this episode, she focuses on getting her private rating when she was 38.
Who is Terri Mead?
Terri Hanson Mead is President of Solutions2Projects, LLC, a consulting company that provides IT strategy and IT compliance services in the life sciences space in addition to expert witness consulting services. She is also an active angel investor and former Vice President of Sand Hill Angels, regularly advises startups and in her spare time, flies helicopters. She is passionate about supporting, and advocating for, female founders and investors and has created Class Bravo Ventures to more formally do so.
- Terri talks about flying with her dad as a kid and going up in a helicopter at the age of 8, knowing then that she wanted to fly helicopters
- She shares about how she only told her husband and her husband gave her a discovery flight for her 38th birthday hoping she would shut up about it
- Terri's road to her private rating was bumpy and took about 10 months and about 6 different instructors
- Becoming a helicopter pilot was one of the hardest things Terri has ever done but she persisted
- She still had doubts about her skills as a pilot even after getting her private rating and until recently didn't see herself as a real helicopter pilot
Terri’s Key Takeaway
Don't let anyone take away your sense of accomplishment or joy.
You can follow Terri on Twitter at @terrihansonmead or go to her website at www.terrihansonmead.com or on Medium: https://medium.com/@terrihansonmead
Feel free to email her at PilotingYourLife@gmail.com.
To continue the conversation, go to Twitter at @PilotingLife and use hashtag #PilotingYourLife.