How Mary-Jo Dionne sees obstacles as opportunities and adventures and found humor in her darkest moments. @MaryJoDionne
Who is Mary-Jo Dionne?
Mary-Jo is a writer, speaker, performer, podcaster, philanthropist and has her own company, Mary-Jo Dionne Productions based in Vancouver, Canada. Prior to starting her company, she worked as a copywriter with multi-national ad agencies and in-house marketing departments. She writes for outlets like The Huffington Post and has performed stand-up comedy in Vancouver, New York, Toronto, and LA and wrote and produced a one-woman show called "Glowing: A Reproduction Production". She now has two young and adorable daughters, JouJou and Birdie. She now has a podcast called Tea with a Titan where she interviews people who have fallen but continue to get back up every time. What started as a gift to her daughters now has listeners in over 70 countries. She is also a three-time melanoma survivor.
- How she sees obstacles as opportunities and adventures.
- Does she see herself as fearless or courageous and how does she move through fear to achieve?
- How her mom influenced her positive outlook on life and view of life from a place of abundance.
- How she consciously aims to expand and how her upbringing influenced her way of being in the world.
- How Mary-Jo survived her darkest days, pregnant with a diagnosis and treatment of melanoma. (Thank you, Susanne Biro for the great question @susannebiro)
- How she imagines difficult people as sitcom characters.
- Her experience on Necker Island and talking to Richard Branson.
- How she would wave a magic wand to eliminate self-doubt.
- How decisions can change your life and it only takes a decision to move from one state of mind to another.
Terri's Key Takeaway
Perception is not part of the equation; it is the equation.
Follow Mary-Jo on Twitter: @MaryJoDionne or via her website at https://maryjodionne.com/
Her podcast Tea with a Titan can be found at: https://maryjodionne.com/tea-with-a-titan/
To help with the recovery in the British Virgin Islands, go to www.bvihelp.com
You can follow Terri on Twitter at @terrihansonmead or go to her website at www.terrihansonmead.com.
Feel free to email Terri at PilotingYourLife@gmail.com.
To continue the conversation, go to Twitter at @PilotingLife and use hashtag #PilotingYourLife